One question I’m often asked by clients is about war and violent acts in our world. What is the Highest Light way to view something of this nature and what can we as individuals on a Spirit-led path “do” to support a positive end to the violence and terrorism that our world experiences?
I am so grateful for the insight I gained from taking this inquiry into my connection to my Higher Self, Spirit Team and Source.
Here’s what came through:
- Violence begets violence. Specific to the recent events in Paris: France’s military is in Syria, Iraq and Africa “fighting” and killing “extremists”*. The extremists are fighting and killing as well in all of those areas, now including France. Who started it is not the question that matters right now. Who will end this cycle of hatred and killing once and for all is the question we all have the opportunity to ask and act on.
- There is no winning when the perceived “solution” is: “If you hurt/wrong/kill us, we hurt/wrong/kill you.” This methodology to kill those who are killing “our people” only leads to one thing – more killing. As we have watched over the years, terrorist attacks have “evolved” to include higher and higher stakes and no one wins as we have seen over centuries of this limiting and immature form of problem solving.
- Bottom line: it’s not working. What will it take for this violence to end? It will take a government(s) or a governmental leader(s), an “extremist” or a whole slew of “extremists”, and/or a nation(s) to cease all forms of killing as a response to killing.
- But how do government official(s), extremists or nation(s) ever get to that place of true alignment with Source when they are out of alignment in these realms? Remember, that these people who seem so externalized from us are a product of our collective consciousness. The governments, the extremists/terrorists, the nations change when more and more of us also change. They then no longer have to mirror our internal and external violence and battles – violence and battles that have been raging on for lifetimes.
There is a tremendous amount of talk in spiritual circles about “one-ness” and about how we are all connected. And it’s easy to skip over this and nod in affirmation that yes of course we all are.
But we won’t actually ever fully understand what one-ness consciousness truly is until we realize that when a “terrorist” or anyone for that matter kills another, they are killing a part of themselves. The ripple effect of that killing will ripple into all aspects of this lifetime for them and for the lifetimes to come. There’s no circumventing this.
And it doesn’t just apply to murdering one another either.
When we say hurtful things about another, when we judge another, when we belittle another, when we hurt another – we are hurting ourselves and the ripple effect of that hurt carries on into our current lifetime and into the next that follows.
When will we really “get” this as Spirit’s in a body?
Spirit doesn’t get worked up about this in the way that I might or the way that we as humans might. They know that nothing is being solved in any of these battles and that if humans wish to continue these dramas they can, but the ripple effect remains and eventually we will have to “get” it. Eventually consciousness will have to wake up to this truth of interconnectedness and of the stark realization that killing or hurting another human being is never going to get them the results they truly desire. Like peace, like joy, like deep loving, like cash-money richness, like total Wealth.
And so, Spirit acknowledges that we have been doing this for eons and someday, someday they know with their ever present optimism that we will remember – collectively and individually – that we are all truly one and that the only solution that will ever hold true is to love ourselves and one another deeply. It may not be now, it may not be the next lifetime, but someday we will remember these truths. We can’t not evolve. And believe it or not – even in the midst of these world events, we are evolving. These events are simply a new opportunity to do things differently…
So, what can you and I do? What can those of us on a Spirit-led path do when we see this violence and terrorism and pain? Here’s what:
- Surrender your judgements about either side of these conflicts. Recognize that there are karmic contracts, Law of Attraction and all manners at play here that you could never (nor would you want to) fully understand. It’s not your business (unless it’s happening to you – in which case if it is – you’ve got some big-time spiritual work to do to heal this ish and you have the full support of Spirit to do so) and not your place to get in there with your stories about what might be happening. You don’t, won’t and can’t know. So let it go.
- Decide that instead of feeling anger, pity and rage about these violent occurrences that YOU CAN be part of the solution. Starting right now.
- If you want to do something to be part of the change to ending violence in our world, please do this: Every day, morning preferred, send blessings of Source love and healing Source Light to the terrorist/extremest groups, to the terrorist nations, to the leaders of these organizations and nations. Do you know how disconnected from Source you have to be to be involved in something like this? Do you know how deeply hurting a human being must be to feel that the only relief they can find is to kill/hurt/harm other human beings – not knowing that they are hurting/harming/killing themselves when they do? These ones need our compassion and love above all else. This does not justify their behavior but it does begin to end this cycle of violence that is present in our world. We break the cycle of: you hate and kill, I hate and kill.
- After sending out the Source blessings and love above, send out Source Love and healing Source Light to all affected by these violent acts (you can also use this for any Mother Earth shifts) and their families and loved ones. These ones obviously also need the love and support of all as their lives are called to new levels of expansion and will be forever changed – whether they are still in the physical plane or have made their transition into non-physical from this event.
- Here’s an easy to use script for your morning blessing ritual: “I’m now calling in Source energy (or whatever term you use for your Higher Power) and all of my Guides & Angels of the Highest Light. I ask that Source Love and Source healing Light is sent to all those involved in the events in Paris (and other affected area(s)). I ask that all of those involved in the Paris and other worldwide events are blessed and that these events awaken them to their Highest Path and to living in alignment with who they really are. I ask that any pain is transmuted to Divine Love and that all are blessed with Divine Love and peace. And so it is. Amen.” You can light a candle in honor and respect of these events, you can post this everyday on your social media, you can perform this ritual several times a day. Let your intuition and your own connection to Spirit be your guide.
- If you feel a full body “yes”, i.e. a call deep within to be of service during any type of major world event (man-made or Mother Earth shifts) – you must do so. Call in your Guides & Angels of the Highest Light and ask to be directed to the proper organization(s)/areas/means to send money and resources to or if the call is deeper, to go on-site to be of support. You will know if you have a call of this magnitude – and most likely if you do it’s because it is part of your karmic contract – because you will not ask or check in with anyone about doing something like this, you will simply feel as though you have to do it and you will.
We are not helpless during times like these. We are all human beings, all Spirit’s in a body and when one of us hurts, we all have the ability to rise to the occasion to send the powerful energetic support, love, and resources that we are called to.
These are not scary times, they are not bad times, they are times for growth. We are repeatedly given opportunities to choose a Higher Path. We are over and over again faced as a collective with the challenges of violence and hatred and judgement and condemnation. And every single time Source gives us a new chance to handle it differently, to see the Light amidst the Dark, to choose the most aligned path.
And this opportunity is not just for those directly affected by these events, it is an opportunity for every single one of us. Not to bypass, not to avoid, not to judge, not to spew negativity, but to be part of the Highest Light solution.
I invite you to send blessings, love, and healing light to terrorists/extremists everywhere and all those impacted or affected by their acts. I invite you to join me in choosing the Highest Light path in how you engage with your world. To release your hatred, to release your despair, to release your unkindness and to instead step into the truth of who you really are – a loving, kind, abundant Spirit, in a human body.
*Quotes are used to denote generalized labels. For ease, I am using general terms to clarify who I am speaking about.