We’re sliding into the darkest day of the year, Sunday December 21.
And with it comes an opportunity to release, manifest and create the start of a truly mind-blowingly fantastic New Year.
Ritual is a powerful way to commemorate and harness powerful energy to align more fully with the life of your dreams, and that’s why I LOVE tuning in and creating rituals for my community.
- Set aside 30-40 minutes of peaceful space for yourself. First, read through the ritual so you know what you’ll need to make it flow with ease.
- Tap Cortices with the focused intention of connecting to your Source and aligning with the perfect release & manifestation for your Winter Solstice Ritual.
- Create a Winter Solstice altar. This can be on your dining room table, a small stand, or an existing altar converted for this seasonal ritual – follow your intuition on what feels right for you!
- The most important component of the altar is fire (for winter – bringing in the light!), so be sure to have a candle or two or three as part of your altar space.
- Once you have your altar set-up with what you’d like – ideas include winter plants, holiday cards, meaningful items, candles, meaningful jewelry – sage the space. As you sage say, “I now call in the Highest Light for this Winter Solstice.” Feel free to add anything else that comes through you!
- Take out your journal and write down whatever you would like to release as you saunter into 2015. If you get “stuck” or feel like you need help remembering what to release – tap Cortices and call on your angels and guides of the Highest Light to support you in being fully aligned in your release.
- Once you feel complete, review the list one final time, saying “good-bye” to each item on your list. I like to blow each one a kiss and wish it well as it is released once and for all. Remove the piece of paper from your journal.
- Then, take one of the candles on your altar and light this paper on fire. Be sure to do this near a sink, fireplace, etc. – somewhere safe to burn paper.
- Bless the paper as it burns and smile – knowing you are releasing the ‘dark’ within and around to open up space for more Light in your life.
- Dance! Dance for 11 minutes. I recommend putting Pandora on – a station that moves you – and invoke Spirit to set your 11-minute playlist. Say out loud, “Guides & Angels of the Highest Light – please bring me the perfect songs to accompany my Winter Solstice dance as I shake off the old and connect to the New.” And then don’t be surprised when Taylor’s Swift’s “Shake It Off” comes on. Oh! And keep a piece of paper handy – I am always blown away by the messages that come through for me via the songs.
- Once your dancing is complete, tap Cortices with a focused intention of connecting to the Light that wants to come through for you in 2015.
- Write in your Journal the Light you are calling forth in your life – in your “career” (I add quotes because long gone are the days of compartmentalizing giving our Soul’s gifts to the world. Learn more here.), personal relationships, romance/Love, health, wealth, home, car/transport, experiences/travel and anything else that flows in for you.
- Re-read and as you do Bless each item, imagining that you are making space in your heart and in your life for these new waves of Light to be brought forth.
- Place your Light list for 2015 in a special envelope and place it on your altar.
- Tap Cortices with a focused intention of moving forward into your Solstice day with ease and grace. If you feel called, sage the space again to bring completion to the ritual.
- Keep the candle burning at all times when you are home (in a safe, protected way of course).
- Keep your altar up through 1/1/15. After that, place your envelope under your mattress or in a sacred spot to be opened and released during the Spring Equinox. I do rituals of this magnitude on the Winter Solstice, Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Fall Equinox – each one unique in its own way. And I promise to share these rituals with you during every season so we can do this together! When I open my Winter Solstice Light manifestations on the Spring Equinox, I’ll often take anything yet unmanifested that I still desire (a lot of times the desire is complete too!) and add it to my Spring Equinox Birth intentions. It’s up to you! Follow the flow that feels most in alignment for you.
Enjoy this incredible time of going within and then celebration with family and friends.
I am so grateful that you are part of my swirl!
Be sure to ask any questions in the comments below and/or post your altar pic’s!