15 Feb / Wheat-Free, Dairy-Free Pizza
Wheat-Free & Dairy-Free Pizza
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 T dry yeast
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t Himalayan pink sea salt
Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 cups flour and mix thoroughly. Add olive oil and salt. Pour in rest of flour and knead until dough is no longer sticky. Remove dough. Add olive oil to bowl, place dough back in until covered in oil. Keep dough in bowl, cover with kitchen or paper towel and let rise for 1 hour in a warm location.
In the meantime…
- Pan bake 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (I season with garlic salt and a spice mix – Trader Joes has great chicken seasonings).
- Dice 1/2 a red onion.
- Grate almond (or other non-dairy) cheese, get approximately 2 cups.
- Quarter 1 can of artichoke hearts.
- Dice 1 green pepper.
- Use one can of organic tomato sauce for the pizza sauce. (Spice it up by adding in a can of diced tomatoes as well. Heat them both together on the stovetop.)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake pizza alone for 10 minutes. Then, add tomato sauce, onion, pepper, artichokes, cheese and chicken. Top again with cheese. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Let cool for 2-5 minutes and slice.
P.S. Amazingly delish reheated in the toaster oven the next day.