Chicken Soup for the Soul – Seeking Submissions
A friend of mine and kick-ass 20-something author, Christine Hassler, is seeking submissions for her Chicken Soup for the 20-Something Soul book. It's a great opportunity to share a story/lesson from your 20's, get a pub credit and make a couple hundred bucks off of your life. Not bad, right? I definitely recommend you send in a story. Check out the guidelines below. Oh and be sure to let Christine know that Heather sent you. :)
Guidelines for a Chicken Soup for the Soul® Story
1. Tell an exciting, sad or funny story about something that has happened to you or someone you know in 300-1200 words. Make sure that you introduce the character(s).
2. Tell your story in a way that will make the reader cry, laugh or get goose bumps (the good kind!) Don’t leave anything out — how did you feel?
3. The story should start with action; it should include a problem, issue or situation. It should include dialogue and the character should express their feelings though the conflict or situation. It should end in a result, such as a lesson learned, a positive change or pay-off.
4. Above all, let it come from your HEART! Your story is important!Story Specifications
1. It is preferred that all submissions are sent via our website at www.chickensoup.com. To prepare your inner author, go to www.chickensoup.com and read the story guidelines there.
2. Think of your awesome, incredible, tear-jerker, laugh out loud, tug at the heartstrings, message with passion, coincidental, life lesson, or just really juicy story.
3. Write your non-fiction story – approximate word limit is 300-1200 words (but I’ll edit it for you so don’t worry about being exact!)
4. Go to www.chickensoup.com, click on “Submit a Story” and be sure to select Twenty Something as the book title. Fill out the info and just paste your story in the appropriate box.
5. No anonymous or author unknown submissions please.
6. Submit only one copy of each submission.
7. We do acknowledge all submissions, but you will be notified if yours is selected.
8. DEADLINE January 15th!!!
Please contact Christine directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Posted: November 25th, 2007 under Uncategorized.